Just reprinted due to popular demand, this book contains the history of Darlington’s long forgotten branch line railways. The Fighting Cocks branch began life as an integral part of the Stockton & Darlington Railway main line between North Road and a point east of Fighting Cocks station. The S&DR constructed branches off its main line, and one of these, the Croft Depot Branch
opened in October 1829, is described next. The final two lines to be covered, the Forcett Railway and the Merrybent & Darlington Railway, both started life as independent undertakings constructed by entrepreneurs mainly to exploit local deposits of limestone which was crucial to the growing iron and steel industry on Teesside.
This 72 page A4 size publication is printed on gloss art paper throughout with a gloss colour card cover. There are over 95 colour & monochrome photographs, together with numerous line drawings, diagrams and tables.