Former North British lines in Northumberland

£6.95

Category:

Description

The first line covered in this volume is the Border Counties Railway (BCR), between a junction west of Hexham and Riccarton Junction, on the Waverley route, south of Hawick, opened in stages between 1858 and 1861.The Wansbeck Railway, again opened in stages between 1862 and 1865, connected Morpeth with Reedsmouth Junction on the BCR; the diagrams included show the end-on junction with the NER made after alterations in 1874. The grandly named Northumberland Central Railway covering the 13 miles from Scotsgap to Rothbury opened in 1870. All three lines were operated by the North British Railway from the outset; the first two serving this railways pretensions to tap into the lucrative Tyneside industrial and coal traffic

Additional information

Weight 0.247 kg

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Former North British lines in Northumberland”