Encompassed in this book are the lines built by the Hull & Barnsley; the ‘main line’ from Alexandra Dock to Cudworth and Stairfoot with branches to Cannon Street with goods only lines to Neptune St., Sculcoates and Dairycoates as well as the aptly named British Extracting and Radiator Works. With its primary role to move coal to the docks for home and export shipment primary branches left the main line at Wrangbrook Junction towards Denaby and Wath, The H&B and GC joint line, opened in 1916, branched from Aire Junction towards Gowdall & Braithwell. Many short branches left these to serve individual collieries of the South Yorkshire coalfield. Loop lines also facilitated through traffic with the L&Y, MR and GC at Hensall. Hemsworth, Lowton and Cudworth.