If you are interested in the railways of north-east England we would like to welcome you as a member. Whether you like history or the present day, models or “the real thing”, loco performance or country railways, we are the right group to join.
Hold cursor over the cover then click on “Read more” top left to see the contents of the latest issue.
What do you get from being a member?
- A quarterly illustrated magazine North Eastern Express; all back issues are available to read online. Sample issues and indexes to past magazines are available from the free download documents section of our online shop.
- Regular meetings and talks in York, Hull, Darlington and London; video recordings of many previous meetings are available online.
- Guided visits to sites of railway interest.
- An extensive archive of photographs and original documents; many of the photographs and some drawings can be viewed online
- Free entry to the Head of Steam Museum, Darlington, home of the Ken Hoole Study Centre (membership card must be shown).
- An online members’ forum where you can post and reply to discussion topics, and also post items for sale and wanted.
- Comprehensive online registers of all the known signal cabins, and all passenger stations, in the North East. For each station a historical Ordnance Survey map and a present-day aerial photo may be viewed.
NERA is a registered charity. If you pay UK tax, we can claim Gift Aid on your membership fee, and on any donation you may wish to make, which helps your support go even further. Please complete the relevant section of the membership application form (which gives full details) or complete the form online.