Did You Know?

The NER was the first railway company to recognise a trade union, and to agree to arbitration as a method of settling disputes.

Charity Gift Aid Declaration (multiple donation)

If you are a current UK taxpayer NERA can claim Gift Aid on your subscription, which is treated as a donation, and any further donations you make. NERA will receive 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate.

Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay to HMRC for the current tax year. You won’t pay anything extra.

If you wish to benefit NERA in this way, please complete all fields in the form below. Enter the amount of your subscription/donation, enter your name and the UK address you use for tax purposes then click the Send button. You only have to complete the form once. It will remain in force as long as you remain a member, unless you inform us otherwise.

I want to Gift Aid my donation of £ and any donations I make in the future to:

Name of Charity: North Eastern Railway Association – registered charity 1164199

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Where NERA membership type is Family, only one donor needs to complete their details below. [Based on HMRC guidance on joint Gift Aid declarations: Married couples, civil partnerships, or people at same address can make declarations on the same form. Only one donor needs to agree.]


First name or initial(s):


Full home address:


Please notify the NERA Membership Secretary if you:
• want to cancel this declaration
• change your name or home address
• no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

• Gift Aid can’t be claimed on a membership subscription paid on behalf of someone else.
This is because it’s considered a gift to the person who’s membership is paid, not to the charity.
• Gift Aid can be claimed by people living outside the UK, but only if they pay UK Income/Capital Gains tax.

Did You Know?

Even though our forthcoming meetings have had to be cancelled, you can watch videos of earlier presentations which are available in the members' area of the website.